Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Namaskar Friends,
I am owner of 3 puppies and I would like to know their names.

Someone told me that they are St. Bernard Mix.

Any response will be appreciable.

Attachments

Registered
Size and weight growth for age are factors for guessing. Best guess is by age 3 months if they are giant breed mix. Coat texture and length . ( I was cat show breeder; didn't breed dogs much. Only Chow Chows but I worked as assessor and rehab at a shelter for 3 years) How rare a breed in your location is a factor. Also the likelihood of anyone within 10 miles owning a giant breed like a St Bernard. The coloring is not that unique. Bernese mountain dogs, collies, hunting dogs.. many dogs can have that coloration including masking, even corgis. Bernard mixes have very short faces until 2-3 months (then the longer face will grow out) Look how short the snouts are in my newborns from foxy nosed breeds.
My double merle augieXaugie litter example . A red chow mix with white can be a brown/sable dog with black mask all the way to near adulthood but will end up red with no or minimal mask. These puppies are already 8 inches long and 1 lb from two small breeds.

Or my wolf hybrids 2 pups in the following pic with the GSD (papered mother) puppy same age pup.

They share in common mini aussie shepherd

>>example of papered & shown red and white masked cardigan corgi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts