Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shahna Rice was the founder of one of the local rescues in town. She lost her battle with breast cancer in July of last year. Shahna ran 3 of her rescued dogs in Agility. She always ran her dogs with the dogs being first and foremost. It didn't matter if they were always accurate or if they were slow. It didn't matter if they Q'd or NQ'd she ran the dogs for the sheer enjoyment of seeing her dogs have fun and of having that special bond with them as they were running the course.
At our next trial we want to give an award to someone who exemplifies this same spirit. Some of us at the club thought "The Spirit of Agility" would be a good name, but the director doesn't think it expresses enough of "it being about the dog". I need all you creative minds out there to think of a name for this award that can express the idea of the handler making it about the dog in as few words as possible. One idea was "The Canine Connection" award but that sounds a little too over the top to me. Any ideas would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Why not just call it the "Shahna Rice Memorial Award -- awarded to the team who exemplifies the spirit of Shahna, by participating for the sheer enjoyment of their dog, by having fun and exhibiting that special bond between dog and handler as they run the course"?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Why not just call it the "Shahna Rice Memorial Award -- awarded to the team who exemplifies the spirit of Shahna, by participating for the sheer enjoyment of their dog, by having fun and exhibiting that special bond between dog and handler as they run the course"?
I second "Shahna Rice Memorial Award". I think it would be important to include the inspiration for the award in the award title.

But no matter what the name of the award is, I think it's a very special thing you are doing in Shahna Rice's memory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts