Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little girl is 5 years old and a big sweetie. In some of the photos she has some pretty bad tear staining but I've been using a topical solution to clean them up, which is why they are much better looking in some of the other photos.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I love Klees, they're definitely on my list :)

Nakoa is a cute little thing, I love the second picture. Did you have a toy or treat in hand? She's kind of making that semi-snarly face that a lot of dogs make during play time.

We need to see lots more pics. of her in the future!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, haha. I was holding her favorite ball. It's one of those mini tennis balls she can actually fit in her mouth. I'll definitely keep some updates ^-^

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Lol those little tennis balls crack me up :D
Look forward to it!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Klee Kais are awesome. Gorgeous girl!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size is she ?
Your in the klee kai group on flickr right ? :D
Yeah, I am :D She's a miniature at 14 inches. I'd have more photos up but my camera is broken. They're asking for over $200 to repair it :'(

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
How is her energy level/ease of training? I've always been curious about Klee Kais and if I was capable of owning one lol.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ahhh! She is so cute! :D

I love Klee Kai. They're adorable!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
She is a beauty looks like she is in good hands :) May I ask what brand/kind of solution you use for the stains?
I use Eye Envy which is applied directly onto the stains. It works really well, I find. I used Angels Eyes for about a week but Nakoa HATED it. I was curious what was so bad about it so I tried a pinch of it on my finger. It was by far one of the most disgusting tasting things I have ever tried. I immediately stopped giving Angels Eyes to her and did some more research. I can across Eye Envy and found a pet boutique in my area that carries it. It's nice because you apply it once a day until the stains disappear and then you can start applying it once every few days or so. Some people only use it once a week. It last for a long time, unlike Angels Eyes which gets used up pretty quick. Anyway, Eye Envy is really nice stuff, I would highly recommend it to anyone with tear stain problems.

How is her energy level/ease of training? I've always been curious about Klee Kais and if I was capable of owning one lol.
Klee Kais are amazing dogs. They are so smart! My girl is very easy to train because she catches on so quickly. I actually taught her roll-over in one sitting, it was great. My girl is very laid back and barks only when someone knocks or when she feels threatened. However, when I bring her to the dog park, she plays like mad.

Probably one of the biggest issues people have with Klee Kais is that they are VERY shy with people they don't know. Not all are like that, but about 90% are. Nakoa doesn't like it when people try to approach her and pet her, which makes it hard because everyone seems to want to. She usually tries to get as close to me as possible. I socialized her a lot as a puppy but she still is a scaredy-cat.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I have never heard of this breed but she is so cute! She looks like a little fox but then there's that husky thing too. You must post lots of pictures of her because it is a breed I will never own but want to see more of. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, I am :D She's a miniature at 14 inches. I'd have more photos up but my camera is broken. They're asking for over $200 to repair it :'(
Mines too. I wanna get one of each size.
And add a malamute to it, too. :D
You can buy a camera new one for $200.

They were bred down from the alaskan husky. Most will be high energy.
Like paux said they are very smart dogs, if you don't be careful they can outsmart you. :( And also most are reserved with strangers, but not shy about other dogs. I agree that is one of the biggest issues, another I would say is being stolen.
Mines sometimes acts like a cat.
Your so lucky, my is very high energy.
All day running around my house. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
What sorts of health tests do breeders of Klee Kais do? They arn't terrably popular around here so I've never personaly seen one. I've often wondered if they get the same health tests as the Sibes or not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What sorts of health tests do breeders of Klee Kais do? They arn't terrably popular around here so I've never personaly seen one. I've often wondered if they get the same health tests as the Sibes or not.
Klee Kais generally undergo tests relating to Patellar Luxation, Congenital Cardiac, Thyroid, and Factor VII deficiency.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts