Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I never got an e-mail for the recalls .... someone is slipping!!! :( I don't feed this though ... thank goodness.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't seem there was a recall as this was an isolated issue. Still scary!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Nevermind, I apparently can't read properly. Its terrifying, but there are human beings involved in the process... someone obviously f*ed up somewhere.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I've read that that food doesn't even look like Merrick, story may not be true. Sure hope it wasn't.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I've read that that food doesn't even look like Merrick, story may not be true. Sure hope it wasn't.
That's what I was thinking. . .high-quality kibbles don't usually come in colors like that.

And if there were nails in a bag of dog food, they'd fall to the bottom of the bag. It wouldn't take much to throw a handful of nails next to a handful of kibble, take a pic and claim you found the nails in your dog's kibble. I hope that's what happened anyway.

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
I received an email about it a while back. I've never fed Merrick but I found the colored kibble odd as well. Also they way they wrote it, it sounded like they didn't even know what food it was from until petco checked their account and said they had recently purchased some Merrick........ That's the way it sounded to me anyways.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's what I was thinking. . .high-quality kibbles don't usually come in colors like that.

And if there were nails in a bag of dog food, they'd fall to the bottom of the bag. It wouldn't take much to throw a handful of nails next to a handful of kibble, take a pic and claim you found the nails in your dog's kibble. I hope that's what happened anyway.
I used to feed their puppy formula when I first got Simon in April and I do remember the pebbles were those 4 colours. However, I thought the colour looked slightly more faded than that. Mind you, I just looked at their website and it looks like all the packaging changed now which means their formula might have changed too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts