Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Are there now animal shelters in the Carribbean? You're asking a lot to ask someone to ship a dog at their expense to a complete and total stranger.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't know your situation, but if you are willing to spend some time and build a rapport with a breeder, it IS possible that if you offer to show the dog and care for the dog that you MAY get a discounted price.

But, co-owning a dog is a real pain. I've NEVER seen that go well, and personally, I wouldn't do it unless I really, really trusted the breeder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are there now animal shelters in the Carribbean? You're asking a lot to ask someone to ship a dog at their expense to a complete and total stranger.
Hi,

I definitely know what you mean and that's why I'd be so greatful if someone really did. I'm definitely willing to let the owner get to know me more better before he/ she makes any decision.

And yep, there are shelters, but the dogs are mainly big breeds, and I can't really have a big dog in my home.

Thanks for your interest though!

I don't know your situation, but if you are willing to spend some time and build a rapport with a breeder, it IS possible that if you offer to show the dog and care for the dog that you MAY get a discounted price.

But, co-owning a dog is a real pain. I've NEVER seen that go well, and personally, I wouldn't do it unless I really, really trusted the breeder.

Hi Samgirl,

I'm not too sure i understand what you mean.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I would suggest volunteering at the shelter. Even if they MOSTly get big dogs, they probably get small ones some of the time- but of course folks who volunteer and are there frequently are going to get first chance at those.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You've had 12 years to save up and search for your dream dog on the island since your mother's passing, hey...

What an awesome idea. I would LOVE to have a Porsche, even a well-loved older model, but I cannot afford to buy one at this time. I wonder if anyone out there on the interwebs has one they would be willing to give me, and ship to me at their expense? Of course I would be forever grateful!

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you cannot afford teh price of a puppy, how will you be able to afford the cost of a vet, emergencies can and do happen and sadly most of these accidents are costly, not to mention vaccinations, spay/neuter, yearly checups, heartworm meds etc etc. I doubt you will find someone who will give you a puppy if you cannot prove that you can afford it. I'm sorry about your mom but a puppy will not fill that void which I think is what you are hoping for.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Good point, jbs. For the Porsche I was kind of hoping for donations so I could afford the costy insurance and any repairs that come up. Of course I could always SELL IT for a huge profit if that doesn't work out. o_O

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
The thing that really gets me is.. people ask a WHOLE lot, and in this situation of strangers, and get upset when no one will fulfill a, well, ridiculous desire.

Shaimart, what were you hoping would actually happen here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts