Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Reshiram "Reshi" was rescued from the Middle East (Qatar) and adopted here in the US. He was listed on the rescue's page as a Collie x Borzoi mix. Well, today I received my Wisdom Panel results and wanted to share them with you! I'm a little bummed they couldn't break down the breeds group any further, but he did come from the streets so I'm sure there is only so much they can test. It's still exciting to get a little glimpse of his ancestry!

Reshi:

Results:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Good looking boy.

Those results look pretty believable to me. Especially for a street dog.

·
Registered
74 Posts
He is absolutely gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I was wondering about the long slender frame, but Saluki makes perfect sense! He's beautiful.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice! Yes, those 'mixed breeds' parts are a bummer. Mine had 25% mixed breed... and it didn't really answer all my questions (namely where she got her ears and black spots from).

·
Registered
526 Posts
My FIRST thought on seeing the picture was Anatolian, so I'm not surprised to find that top in the mix.

I once did this for my older dog and it was a disaster. But it was several years ago and I still think they got it mixed up with another dog's because NOTHING even remotely resembled her (43 pounds of fluff somehow had as MOST prominent Lab and Italian Greyhound). I want to do this for my younger boy because I'm super curious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts