Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a unregistered female and a registered male yellow lab. I have all intentions of getting her fixed however she is in heat and I would be charged extra for her to be fixed while in heat. Despite all my efforts to keep them apart, he got her one time:doh:. So upset, I cried. He is 10 months old and she will be 2 in December. Please someone tell me that there is a possibility she isn't preggers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
I have a unregistered female and a registered male yellow lab. I have all intentions of getting her fixed however she is in heat and I would be charged extra for her to be fixed while in heat. Despite all my efforts to keep them apart, he got her one time:doh:. So upset, I cried. He is 10 months old and she will be 2 in December. Please someone tell me that there is a possibility she isn't preggers!
Get her to the vet and don't risk that it! The possibility that she is pregnant is significantly higher then that she is not. Don't wait, get her to the vet now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Wait until she has been out of season for 2 weeks and have her spayed.

End of situation.
That's what I was going to say. If for whatever reason your vet is not willing to do that (not sure why any would considering), contact local all breed rescues or the local SPCA and ask for a vet who will.

Lana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,051 Posts
No, not ASAP. TWO WEEKS out of season. This allows some of the increased blood flow to the uterus to subside before the spay, and is soon enough that the uterus is not further enlarged by any pregnancy that might exist.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top