Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

my two rescues. the "orange" one my husband adopted about 1 1/2 years ago from our local shelter. she is 4 years old now. she is a great dog. never had any problems with her! great dog from day 1 we had her. she is a lab-mix. but we do not know what she is exactly.

the "black" one is more my dog. i just adopted her a few weeks ago. she is a lab (mix?). she is about 7 month now and doing great. when we adopted her she had an infected belly because they did not take very good care after spaying her. also she had mange. after a lot of vet visits and a lot of money going out of our pocket ;-) she is finally all healthy. she was veeeery shy when we adopted her. she is still really scared of almost everything, especially people. takes her a looong time to warm up to someone. other than that. perfect dog. was fully housbroken, walks really nice on a leash. i go to dog school once a week (started two days ago).
i just love her :becky:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Their sweet :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Orange and black for Halloween! They look really happy, thank you for adopting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the two look splendid together :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, i am so happy. need to share this here. this morning i went for our morning walk, with just the young black one. she is still super scared of a looot of things. today we walked aside a big street, with quiet a lot of cars for a saturday morning. usually she is so busy with looking at the cars, and whatever she sees, that she does not pay attention to me at all. i can tell she is stressed and not just ignoring me.
but today she actually looked at me severel times, like they are supposed to in heel position...i am so proud :) we have a thundershirt and it works for sure. i only put it on now, when the other dog is not walking with us.

and then, after the walk, she was hot, thirsty and ready to rest ;-)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwe .... such pretty pups! :) Every little positive tid-bit in training I consider being on the road to success!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
They are just to cute!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anybody a guess what the little black one could be? pure lab? or a mix? :-/ i am just not sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts