Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started with a trip to the pet store/s. I took Leann with me to pick out a new bumper. It's been a while since I've had her on an outing with just the two of us. She was such a sweet angel. She used the new car ramp without a fuss and didn't crowd the door to get out of the car when we pulled up to the stores.

A toddler wanted to meet her. I wasn't sure if Leann remembered her toddler manners, but an added concern was the apple slice the toddler was holding in his hand. (One of Leann's favorites!). Leann sat and gently greeted the toddler. Never once trying to get the apple. The toddler actually offered the apple to her, (seriously) and Leann took it very gently and then gave him a gentle kiss.

She was so wonderful in the stores, ignoring other dogs, laying down (on her own), when I paid for stuff. I was so proud of her.

I decided to push my luck and took all three dogs to a local public park this afternoon. They were just amazing! They didn't pull to meet other dogs, they sat quietly to let pedestrians and bicyclers pass. They did some leash tangling, but over-all a very nice walk.

I haven't had a day like this in a long time. It's nice to know they do remember their manners.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
YAY, congrats! Its so great to hear about the accomplishments!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah, I'm so corny, i almost cried, it was so nice.

You put years of time and effort into training and they do so well. But, I've been slacking a lot over the past two years. Aside from general classes, my time out of the house is always time crunched and training is often pushed aside. To see that they still remember is just such a sweet thing.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I just saw this. This is absolutely wonderful! It is great when your dog(s) remember all they have been taught even when a refresher course hasn't been given in a while! You must have done a really great job! :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
im experiencing that with Josefina, she is "just now" becoming a wonderful DOG after almost a yr & a half of being a pretty (not the worst I have had but not the best either LOL) "POOPY" (thats what i call puppies LOL) now she is like almost the perfect dog, she still needs some management, but not at all like she did, now i dont have to watch her like a hawk everywhere she goes & such..... which is good because i have to do thst with Buddy now & i dont think i would have the rtime or sanity for two like that LOL. Buddy I'am treating like a adolecent "poopy" & doing NILF with him (he has to earn every privlage like off leash romping which i know he wants but right now im trying to teach him that he coukd have it if he just comes back when hes called & doesnt run off........ im sure we'll get there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts