Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog just entered the long legged teenage years of dogs. She just turned five and a half months old. Seems like all she wants to do is play. I let her outside,she doesn't want to come in,she'll run from me and try to make a game out of it. Normally,I would just leave her outside,but since she found out she can scale it,I can't. I've tried treats,they work when she was little,but now she'll do it only if she wants to. Do have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
When you let her outside, do you go outside with her?

Make yourself as interesting and exciting as you possibly can. Call her name and run in the opposite direction, giggling and squealing. Run right into the house and leave the door open. Start giving her a treat ONLY when she comes in. Make the coming inside treat a special one. A chicken liver treat or something else moist and juicy that she doesn't get at any other time. And praise her like crazy, too. And make being inside enjoyable to her, as well as being outside. Play games with her inside.

That's what I would do. :)

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
My dog just entered the long legged teenage years of dogs. She just turned five and a half months old. Seems like all she wants to do is play. I let her outside,she doesn't want to come in,she'll run from me and try to make a game out of it. Normally,I would just leave her outside,but since she found out she can scale it,I can't. I've tried treats,they work when she was little,but now she'll do it only if she wants to. Do have any suggestions?
Of course it is normal and quite frankly she is just barely starting as 5.5 months is kinda young for the teen-age years. Just be patient you'll get through it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts