Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doggy fur dryer.

Clean out Shop Vac, flip the hose to "blow", grab one freshly bathed soggy puppy (15 week old Saint Bernard in my case) and end up with a dry, fluffy pup without too much work.

Before today, it took him 5 HOURS to completely dry after a bath. Tonight took maybe an hour, but I didnt think of the shop vac as soon as I yanked him from the tub.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Isn't it kind of noisy? Mine would freak out :eek: Yet Roxxy might not because although she's terrified of thunder and the lawn mower, she won't get out of the room when I vacuum! Go figure :D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He had no issues with it. He stood in the middle of my living room while I dried him. He's such a laid back, easy going boy, Im not sure I can phase him with anything I might do to him!

He also lays around when I run the regular vacuum. With 4 kids, I run that thing almost daily!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Most groomer's high velocity dryers are easily as loud as a shop vac, and most dogs don't have any issues with the sound. I put a little cotton in there to help though, just to muffle the noise a bit.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My dogs are fine with it. And it works great! The cotton is a great idea!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Well remember I have the whoossy dogs (thunder, lightening, lawn mowers, Butch and the vacuum cleaner). That would be great if you already have something that works. And I forgot SB's are pretty laid back...ask Harrise...he has a Bubba at his house.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Titch would love it...he loves the blow dryer and the vacuum...whenever i try to use either one he has to have it used on him, as well....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When my husband left for work Buster looked a bit dingy, he has so much white in his coat all it takes is a good romp in the mud...

When he came home, he was greeted by one very clean, bright colored, fuzz ball. He was very impressed with my bathing skills.

I figure if I'd taken him to a groomer to have it done, he would have had the same effect with their dryer. May as well do it myself and get the fun of watching the pup tear around the house after his bath...he always feels soooo good after being in the tub!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts