Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get active here agian and that means sharing more pictures ;). I decided to start up a new thread because the last one is rather long at this point and most of the shots are fairly old - I just figured it's time for a new beginning all around lol.

If you wish, you can still see the original thread here -
http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/11819-my-shelter-dogs.html

Also, I have some very good news to share. Since I last reported on the issue, things have changed pretty significantly for the APBTs/Pit mixes at my local shelter. Not only are we now able to adopt them out (best news EVER) but we've got our own "Adopt-A-Bull" program that is a partnership between our shelter and the Seattle based bully rescue BullsEye. They come down and evaluate our Pits for us and make sure all is good and then aid in the adoption/foster process. There are a couple kennels set aside for this program and the dogs involved. As an APBT/Bully breed fancier it is one of the best things to no longer see these dogs come in for a near guaranteed death sentence.

Anyway, here's the first batch of pictures. Just a few for tonight - hope you enjoy!

Most of these guys are still in waiting for evaluation, checks, and all that so they haven't been given names. The two little guys at the end though are Morty (Really adorable, I wish that picture had come out better) and Buddy respectfully.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
It is wonderful to see your pictures again, Dakota. I wondered where you had been. All of the dogs are beautiful. I am so happy to hear that Pit Bulls are being placed now. That is great news, and a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Welcome back, DS :) And that is truly wonderful news regarding the new stance on pit bull rescue in your area! Congrats...I know that policy is something you worked long and hard on.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome/kind words, guys. It's very much appreciated :)

Frost - I love that guy as well. He's a real sweetheart, lol. Then agian, it's hard for me to resist any big goofy clown of a dog :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
wondeful news. wish it was like that everywhere! cute dog pics. great work!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
YeaY! More of you shelter puppy pics! I was starting to wilt without them:D

Im glad you are back..And what is even better..news on the Pits and the rescue is BeautIFUL!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks both of you! Lol Digit, I'm glad you enjoy the pictures so much :)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lots of new pictures tonight!

It was Basset Hound city at the shelter...we had something like 5 adults and two litters of purebred puppies. The pups were predictably all adopted but most of the adults were still looking for homes. Fortunately they aren't too common around here and are likely to go pretty fast. We also have a handful of Sibes and Mals (most were mixes) and even a purebred Cane Corso. He was SO handsome. Unfortunately I didn't get any picture of him (He weren't really in the mood to sit still lol) but there are plenty of other cuties to share. Hope you enjoy!

Names:
unknown, Jackson (wish that picture had come out better), Shade, Boomer, Troy, unknown, some of the BH pups, Goliath

MORE

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The rest from tonight -

Names:
Clyde (first two pictures), Beauregard, Lakota, and one more unknown.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, everyone loves Lakota :p

They have him listed as a Basenji but I seriously doubt he's pure. They aren't very common in my area to begin with, but the Basenji people are also pretty good about keeping their dogs out of city shelters. He definitely has some of the breed characteristics though - curly tail, right body type, color, etc. His face is mainly what's making me go "Hm?"...although he could just be poorly bred. He's cute whatever he is, LOVES attention lol.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Could be the eyes.. they look enormous, and most Basenji have those almond shaped smaller eyes and a serious expression, if you know what I mean. The muzzle and shape of face look pretty Basenji-ish. His coat looks a tad long, though.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah he's got a bit of a 'scruffy' coat in RL. Basenji's just seem to have those rounder skulls where as this dog reminds me a bit more of like...a Rat Terrier or something. You're right about the muzzle though. I mean, it's definitely a possibility - I do believe we've had one or two in the past. He's just got a bit of a different look then I'm used to in the breed.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Yeah I thought maybe Rat or Jack Russell too. What an interesting little guy he is. :)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New picture time! Sorry for the bit of a break between updates - I swear summer only made life busier lol.

Also, Dog-A-Thon is coming up this weekend which if you remember from last year is basically a big one day dog festival hosted by my local shelter. So I'll be sure to make a separate thread and share those pictures with you when it's done.

Probably gonna take a few posts here as there are quite a few new pictures. LOTS of good looking dogs in the shelter right now.

Just as a reminder - when a dog is labeled 'unknown' it just means they haven't been evaluated/named yet. I just don't like saying 'unnamed' for whatever reason.

Names:
Kiki (first two pictures), unknown, Tami (black and tan)/kennel mate unknown, two unknowns, Carolina (LOVE her), and Bandit

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Second Batch -

Names:
unknown (So stunning!), Zoey, two unknowns, Billy, Tami agian, Frank, Inga, unknown (LOVE him too)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last few -

Names:
Chester, Ava, Oliver

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts