Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 6 week old rottweiler and i have been told by the breeder to feed him 1 cup of cottage cheese mixed with 1 cup of dry food. he has only been eating half of that. but after he does... he throws it up. everytime we feed him he does. any solutions?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Poor guy.....he should still be with his mom...6 weeks is way to early to taken home...

I have no idea what you feed a puppy that young....sounds like ether too much food or too much cottage cheese.....I'm sure another member will have some good advice for you soon...hang in there:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
wow...what a good breeder :rolleyes:

anyway, definately cut out that cottage cheese. thats most likely why hes throwing up. i would feed a little very wet kibble (so its very soft) and either a puppy milk replacement, or watered down goats milk if you cant get the milk replacement.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Poor baby. You need to talk to your vet, a little puppy like that can go down hill very fast if it is throwing up. You will need to be very careful that he doesn't get dehydrated. Where are you from. In most states (if not all) in the US it is ILLEGAL to even place a puppy before it is 8 weeks. That is the minimum age a puppy should be taken away from mama and siblings. I wouldn't be feeding any cottage cheese either. Maybe a real good quality puppy kibble moistened with warm water before eating. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts