Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a picture of my pound puppy. I got her at a shelter about 1 1/2 years ago, as a very abused over bred 1-2yo. She was very skinny, scared and full of heart worms. Apparently she was kept in a crate 24/7 (she had to sores to prove it) and continuously bred. Her puppies were taken and used for dog fighting. She has been the best most amazing dog i have ever owned. Seriously she amazes me everyday with how smart and loyal she is, I can't imagine my life without her. I believe she is a pitbull/rottweiler mix. The vet says defiantly a rottweiler mix or some sort, but other than that he is not sure. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree with your vet in that she is definitely part Rottweiler but otherwise I'm not sure. There may be more than one other breed mixed in. Regardless, I think it's great that you rescued her and she has found a great home after such a rough start. What happened with the scum that abused her and used her pups for fighting? I hope they are in jail. It really disgusts me how some people can be so cruel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure. The shelter could not give me any information on the people or what happens to them, because it was an on going investigation. All they could tell me was a basic background on her.
I can not believe how well behaved she is though, she does not need a leash even near the busiest roads or near other animals (although i usually do for her safety), she loves all other animals, kids, and will permanently learn complex commands in less than an hour. Amazing how a dog can be so trusting after all the abuse.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It really is amazing how resilient dogs can be. I hope you continue to post pictures and maybe some videos of her and keep us posted on her progress. She deserves a good home and I am glad she got one with you. I love stories like this. When I get another dog I plan on doing the same thing as you in giving one with a rough past a new start and a great life.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am so happy for your dog! :) It is wonderful that you rescued her....... and I am sure she knows how much you care. :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Incredible story. I'm so glad she's with you now!

I agree part rottie. Other than that I don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts