Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my 3 month old yellow lab puppy's stomach was much bigger and tighter than usual. I was looking online about this, and thought it could be bloat, but then I looked at the symptoms of bloat and she has none of them. She is acting 100% normal and fun as usual, but it honestly just looks so wierd. I don't want to spend the money going to the vet unless I know that Nala is in trouble. Any help?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Unfortunately no one is going to be able to tell if your dog is in trouble over the internet. At the very least you should call your vet.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Go to the vet. A hard, enlarged stomach, whether it's bloat or not, could be serious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When my lab puppy was about 3-4 months, she kept getting a enlarged bloated looking stomach, I took her to the vet and he said she had food allergies. Regardless you should take your pup to the vet because it could be serious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is your puppy tearing apart stuffed toys? I'd be worried that maybe he is eating the strings and its getting stuck in his belly. Call the vet and have him checked out. I know a puppy at our vet passed away a few weeks back from eating the strings to those rope pull toys. My 4 month old puppy is wanting to chew and eat all the stuffed toys we have. I had to take them all away and get rubber toys until he stops all the chewing. Hope he is fine please let us know. Robin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts