Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Ok, just so I am understanding you... Your 15 week old Jack Russell puppy gets 1 cup of food at 8:00 am and 1 cup of food at 5:00 pm? Plus a treat later? Just to put in perspective my Rottweiler gets 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups/ a little less in the pm
I am wondering if you might be over feeding. I would start by breaking the meals into 3 as a young puppy usually does better with 3 smaller meals. 8am 5pm and a little before bed. (not a lot you don't want to get up in the middle of the night) IF puppy is still going so much cut back just a little. Make sure puppy is also maintaining weight. You don't want puppy to get skinny but fat puppies are not a good thing either. I think many people over feed in the beginning. Might be worth a try to cut back just a bit. Good luck. As far as the popping thing in her tummy, I might have given the vet a call. That seems odd.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.