Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy is 7 months old he is a pattern terrier, when he was around 2-4 months he would pee on his bed now he’s 7 months he doesn’t do this anymore, But I had a feeling he was marking his territory. When he was 3 months old he slept in my bed I woke up half way through the night and he had peed on me , I’m guessing he was just bad at holding his bladder and wanted to go out, then the second time he done it he was around 4-5 months and he was sleeping next to me I woke up in the middle of the night again to find he had peed all over the bed where he was sleeping! Peed on himself if anything! Then yesterday he was laying on my lap whilst I was sitting on my sofa and peed on my lap! I don’t know what to do and why he is doing it! Does he have a UTI problem? Is it because he being lazy and doesn’t want to get down to ask to go out? Or was it because he was sleeping? I’m not sure, if anyone could help whatever the advice it would be great! Thank you!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order. Generally speaking, a 2 or 3 month old puppy isn't going to 'mark territory' with urine, and peeing while sleeping is definitely not normal. Is it a UTI? Incontinence? These are questions that only a vet can help you answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I’m a new dog mum see so I get really worried I just don’t know why he was doing it so thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
2,909 Posts
I agree! It's strange for even an eight week old puppy to be literally peeing in their sleep or while lying down, because they usually at least try to stand up and squat, even if they can't make it to an approved potty place in time. So my first step would be a vet check to screen for UTIs or other causes of incontinence. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree! It's strange for even an eight week old puppy to be literally peeing in their sleep or while lying down, because they usually at least try to stand up and squat, even if they can't make it to an approved potty place in time. So my first step would be a vet check to screen for UTIs or other causes of incontinence. Good luck!
Yeah this was my thought exactly!! It’s so strange how he’s just done it all of a sudden he doesn’t do it all the time once in so often when I told my mam she thinks it could be that he’s dreaming but it’s very strange! Thank you 😊

·
Super Moderator
2,909 Posts
Dogs do dream, but that doesn't cause peeing in their sleep. That's almost always a sign that there's some kind of physical problem going on causing incontinence, so it's good you realized it was strange and double checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts