Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having thunderstorms and strong rain tonight. Just let the puppy out and she found a frog and ate it and then threw it up a few minutes later. Ewww. Does she know she is a prissy Pom?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frog in her throat? hmmm LOL

I have had it with frogs this year - in our pool - noisy (right now) - in our dog. etc.

·
Registered
296 Posts
frogs and toads secret a nasty toxic substance that irritates mucus membranes and delicate tissues of the digestive system. she should be fine, but if she starts running a fever, or cannot keep food down tomorrow, i'd put a call in to your vet.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Lola (RIP)(long-haired GSD) would spend all day down at my neighbors pond "frogging". She's been departed for almost... 1 1/2 years, and the frog population has yet to return to what it was before. :p

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Tangentially related.... I heard a story on NPR once about a Cocker Spaniel that got addicted to sucking on toads for the presumably psychaedelic effects. They said the dog would go through withdrawal in the winter when the toads were underground. It was a strange but amusing story.

·
Registered
174 Posts
...I find my dogs (poms) will EAT anything. I am forever checking the floors the porches and grass! Hopefully with time this goes away?!:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts