Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new Catalan Sheepdog, Fizz, always gets over excited when she sees my sister in particular, especially when she is wearing her dressing gown/pyjamas, and will run at, jump up at, bark at and try to play-bite at her clothes. This is really out of character for her, as she is usually incredibly calm and sweet-natured, and loves to meet new people. Can anyone help to explain/stop her doing this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is so strange! Maybe it's a scent or perfume thing? Not knowing how well trained your dog is, you could work with her on not running up to begin with (maybe leash her), and not to jump up (sit instead), and have your sister have a cloth chew toy on her to redirect her from biting her clothes. And also just treating for calm when they're together.

You could also ask your sister to ignore the dog until she's calmer, move slow and not talk much to her until she settles down - maybe Fizz just really loves her and can't stand it! If so, you can use that as a reward for calmer behavior.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
your sister should pull her of her and say "no jumping". when my dog was in training i invited
lots of people to visit so i could teach various things. i told all of my visitors " if my dog jumps
on you pull him off you (gently) usuing some neck fur and say "no jumping".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Apparently, lots of other people have had the same problem! She's also only doing it when she is outside, and she gets incredibly over-excited and goes basically insane when she is out there! (She is only around 9 weeks old, we have had her for five days) Is there any way we can stop her from being so over-excited outside?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts