Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all
please help , my 8 weeks old Bichon-Yorkshire puppy has injested a UHU Stic, and has passed away on saturday.

Of cause after it happened i contacted the UHU company in Germany and they said i need not worry §!!!!:wink::wink::lie:

i should give some daisy tea to may be ease the diarrhea and the tummy ache.
ok i went to the supermarket got some tea came back and my puppy was dead.:grouphug::grouphug: Canidae Dog Fur Dog breed Sporting Group Wool Textile Thread Hair coloring Canidae Dog Fur Dog breed Sporting Group Wool Textile Thread Hair coloring

well has any of you had simular experience's with UHU ???? please help as of couse they say our product is non toxic, but think, if my puppy is dead, what is gonna happen to a child????:doh::doh::doh::doh::lie:

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I am so very sorry.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tea? Since when is caffeine good for dogs? As for the "non toxic" aspect of it, dogs are sensitive to all sorts of things that aren't harmful to humans, including chocolate, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, grapes and onions. Glue sticks may be absolutely harmless to human children and deadly to dogs.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Did you have a necropsy performed to be sure this is what caused the death? I definitely would.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tea? Since when is caffeine good for dogs? As for the "non toxic" aspect of it, dogs are sensitive to all sorts of things that aren't harmful to humans, including chocolate, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, grapes and onions. Glue sticks may be absolutely harmless to human children and deadly to dogs.
well daisy tea is so they say, an old remedy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am so sorry for your loss. Did you have a necropsy performed to be sure this is what caused the death? I definitely would.
Well it's not that simple, a, autopsy will not necessary show reliable proof, only a tox screen will proof it. But UHU is well they are trying to get me to send the animal to them, they are even willing to come out hear to collect the puppy personally, isn't that a scandal????,

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Well it's not that simple, a, autopsy will not necessary show reliable proof, only a tox screen will proof it. But UHU is well they are trying to get me to send the animal to them, they are even willing to come out hear to collect the puppy personally, isn't that a scandal????,
You know, I once poured a can of soup into a pot and discovered a shard of glass in it. The [large, well-known company] kindly sent me a stamped envelope to send it to them in. Um, no.

You could ask them to pay your vet to do the necropsy. I don't know if manufacturer's even test if things are nontoxic to dogs or not. (Unless the product is for dogs.) "Nontoxic" probably only means nontoxic to humans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know, I once poured a can of soup into a pot and discovered a shard of glass in it. The [large, well-known company] kindly sent me a stamped envelope to send it to them in. Um, no.

You could ask them to pay your vet to do the necropsy. I don't know if manufacturer's even test if things are nontoxic to dogs or not. (Unless the product is for dogs.) "Nontoxic" probably only means nontoxic to humans.
Ok i will try that first thing in the morning. I'l let you know what they
said.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
A glue stick really should not be toxic to a dog, especially that quickly. I would really recommend a necropsy from a neutral party (i.e., not them and not your own veterinarian).

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
How do they want you to send it? Personally, I would still pay to have the necropsy done, by a vet, not them. Then have the findings sent to them. Also the toxicology should be able to be done from blood in the heart, after death, if done soon enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do they want you to send it? Personally, I would still pay to have the necropsy done, by a vet, not them. Then have the findings sent to them. Also the toxicology should be able to be done from blood in the heart, after death, if done soon enough.
Hi there
Well good news they are paying for it, and it's don by a neutral french state institution.
That means that the results are going to be non partial and that if it is the way it seams i
may be able to change the printing on the UHU STIC form non Toxic to Toxic for animals.
I hope so for my puppy that he did not go in ....

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Not everything that is called tea has actual tea leaves in it - it just refers to something that must be steeped in water in order to drink it. (i.e. Cammomile, echinacea, rose-hip, peppermint can all be made into "teas" and are caffeine free).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Aww poor baby.
Sorry she died. Maybe I missed it but did you see her ingest it and how much time passed till you got her to the vet? Did you call the glue company before you called the vet? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure this out.
The glue may not be toxic but the size of the stick alone compared to puppy's size probably caused her death.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts