Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the phone call from the vet. I need to go over and pick up the meds.

Of course, my five children, my husband and I have all been playing and loving and yes, kissing the pup...

So, I called the pediatrician and left a message for her. What's next? Do we all need to get checked for worms?:( Has anyone here been through this before?:confused:

My daughter's friend and her friend's mom just walked in the door and I had to warn them to wash their hands if Cassidy licks her, because he has ahem, roundworms.:eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
All puppies usually have worms. Please don't panic. Unless you or your children touched your puppy's bottom and put your hands in your mouth or handled fecal matter and did not wash your hands.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You're welcome! Please don't forget to post pictures of Cassidy as he grows, he sure is a cutie.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just found out my new dog (a 2 year old rescue) has round worms. I discovered them in his poo after his heartworm pill killed them. GROSS. The vet said that his Interceptor heartworm pill will kill or anesthetize the adult worms so he will get that pill again in 2 weeks, instead of 4.

From what I've read, there has to be some fecal contact to transfer the worms from dog to person. Unless your puppy has had accidents in the house, or the kids were in a situation where they were playing in an area the dog had defecated in, they're probably safe. I understand your concern though - the whole situation has made me rather paranoid!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts