Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a puppy, her name is Sadie Mae, she is 7 months old. And her mom is a Toy Chihuahua and her dad is a Long Haired Chihuahua and Miniature Dotson mix. And I have noticed that she has an itching problem. She does not do it all the time tho. She mainly does it a lot when she first wakes up, some during the day while she is active, and not as much as she does when she wakes up when she is laying down and relaxing. Sadie is on Trifexis, both my babies get combed everyday to try and keep off fleas that her and Dakota gets from going outside before they get a chance to bite them, but yet she still has that digging problem. On her little legs, her belly, and around the back side of her lil female part she has little red spots. None of them bleed or scab up they just red. She is either scratching, nibbling, or licking. I know it could be allergies of some sort, maybe some skin problems, or it could be just her nerves. But I don't have the money to pay to take her to vet and cant stand the thought of taking her every so often to the vet to get her skin scraped if she was to have a skin problem. She does not have white flakes like as if she had dandruff. But I would like to buy something to ease her itching. Any kind of really good Anti-Itch cream or spray that really works that I could put on her. And if that does not seem to help, then I will have to just take her to the vet.
Any suggestions on what to use or spray on her that really works with the itching would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Allergies are a possibility. Try switching her food. Chicken is a common food allergy, maybe try a poultry free food with fish or lamb. Wal-Mart has itch relief dog shampoo with oatmeal, that's what I use for my dog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts