Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a week of trials and tribulations with different methods (which now, I see, probably confused my dog even more about pottying), I settled on starting from scratch with crate training with strict guidelines the other day, and I FINALLY got him to pee outside this morning!

But, when he came back in, and I fed him, he began to poop -- at which point I picked him up, RAN HIM OUTSIDE, and put him on the grass...but he didn't finish :confused:

Just thought I'd post about this landmark!

I hope this continues, as I continue to be stern in my housebreaking methods with him!

Again, he is a puppy mill dog so I never thought I'd see the day! lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats! My puppy and I are going through training too... he still has his accidents in the house, and when I catch him mid-pee or poo, i rush him outside and he just eats the snow and doesn't go potty, haha. Just keep doinig what you're doing and they'll learn with time :]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol thanks guys, appreciate it...

Only downfall is when my dad went to walk him for the 2nd time at 10:00 this morning (he peed and attempted to poop at about 6:30), he had already pooped in his crate :-/

BUT, my dad took him out anyway, and he peed a little bit more outside, so thats good right?

·
Registered
714 Posts
How old is the dog?

Every time my dog peed outside--even a tiny bit--I made her feel like she'd won the jackpot :) As soon as she started to pee, I gently told her "go potty" Lol, she thought she was smartest dog ever for doing her business outside.

Now I can take her out before bed or before I leave the house and just give her the cue and she pees :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts