Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not terrible and the vet assures us she will be fine, but I can't help but still be scared for her. She is a minature poodle.

We went to the vet got some rather bad news but again nothing bad...She has the yeastie beasties in her ears which I discovered yesterday on my own, so she is on meds for that (burrows solution). She has a UTI which I suspected when she started peeing on the carpet after she had been sooo good about houstraining, the peeing came out of nowhere. So she is on ABX for that. (BioClav).

She has also 1 knee that while it does not luxate fully it is a bit more moveable than it should be. A grade 1 vet says it may improve as she gets older or it may get worse.

She has a fairly bad underbite, her botton caninines sit right in teh middle of her gums, I am to work on her with carrying small things to see if we cann fix it on our own, vet also said I MIGHT be able to move the teeth to where they should be with very gentle pressure a few times a day. If they have not improved by her Spay in late May/Early June, they will be extracted, if the adults come in that way they will also be removed and she will be left caninless which in itself is not an issue, Quincy is tru to his breed and has very poor teeth and very few but he does well and has adapted just fine.

So than after all that she got her 2nd set of vacc's.....Came home, fed her, had to go get the dog licenses so put her in her kennel. When I came home about an hr later, she was yelping in pain, and not willing to walk on that leg. Called the vet who oredred us back, she was given an injection of metacam? for swelling and pain. I am to leave her in her kennel and not fuss to much over her until tomorrow. Quincy is allergic to the lepto part of teh vax and with his first set we knew but since reaction wasn't to severe went ahwad and gave him his 2nd set...almost lost him that time. Needless to say I am really scared for Ruby and her leg. If I didn't know any better, I would swear someone came in and switched dogs on me while I was out, my usual playful little girl, is in her kennel sleeping, not even yelling to come out, she just wants to sleep and be left alone. Poor baby. her wee tail isn't even perky and she looks rather pathetic. I asked the vet over and over again if she was going to die, she said she wasn't but I'm still scared. While I understand why vac's are important, teh reactions seem to be so severe for my dogs....I never hear of anyone else's dog having issues. So I thought the chances of having 2 dogs with vac's issues would be slim....seems not.

So if you can send a good thought and healing vibes for my princess Ruby Roo I would be greatful. My 6 year old daughter is beside herself with worry and keeps asking "what if she dies" etc etc.....

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm so sorry she's had a rough time and hope she gets better very soon!

·
Registered
228 Posts
my mom's chiuahua got sick after shots and lost hair around the spot of injection ... 1 year later and ther still is a dime size spot of missing hair .... the vet said it happens sometimes and nothing anyone can do for it ....

your case is more severe .... hope she gets better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts