Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Skye Terrier, Oliver, just had to go to the vet for his first issue outside of vaccinations and heart worm tests. He got a hot spot on his tail and they had to shave off all his tail fur except the end so it looks like a paintbrush. It looked awful the first day but now it is so much better. Him being hurt has been so hard. He's on three medications (tramadol, prevecox and cephlexin) and I have perscription cleanser and cream applied twice a day. He also has to be in an E collar. So the meds make him sleepy and he's all over us...like he insists on sleeping in the bed with us which he usually hates and is on my lap during waking hours. He isn't usually a cuddley dog so this has been interesting. Also he won't eat or drink with the e collar on so I've had to make him chicken and rice and mix low sodium chicken broth in water to get him to drink. He's always been the sweetest guy so I don't mind the work but I still feel awful. I'll be so much happier once his pretty fluffy tail grows back *sigh.*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts