Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on feb 6th we lost one of our ferrets to juvenile lymphoma. it was very sad and very unexpected. he was lethargic on thurs evening, coughing friday morning and by lunch time his breath was hitching in and out. i didn't know what to expect when i got home from work that evening. i brought him to the e-vet and they did an x-ray and found a mass that nearly took up his entire chest cavity, and a mass on his spleen. there were no treatment options as there is no vet in atlantic canada that has chemo. we felt that we didn't want to prolong his suffering and chose to let him go. we got to cuddle him and say goodbye and it was one of the hardest moments in my life.

i didn't think that i could ever get another ferret after losing fawkes, he was barely 1 1/2 and we didn't even get to have in our lives for a whole year. when we got home we cuddled fred, our other ferret, so much and gave him lots of attention so he would not be too sad. but, the more i looked at him sleeping alone in the cage the sadder i felt. we found ginny on kijiji feb 23 and she came home with us on feb 24th. she is so much fun and they are great friends. it makes my heart happy to see fred with a friend, cuddled up and sleeping or wrestling around the living room.

it was so hard to lose fawkes, but the joy that these little guys give us makes it worth it. i am so happy to have had fawkes in our lives, even for that short time. i cannot imagine a time without ferrets. i am so happy that we can share our lives with them.

here are a few pictures of ginny, named for ginny weasley. fred and ginny weasley from harry potter, just like fawkes was from harry potter, dumbledore's phoenix.

this one makes me laugh every time i see it!! it looks like fred is laughing, heehee!!

our little ginny-winny!

only a little size difference... (please ignore the bad shot of me! i was trying to look at them. and i swear ginny has a head, even though you can't see it in this picture!)

and just a super cute one of fred!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Sooo CUTE!! I love the great big little yawn :D
I'm very sorry about the loss of Fawkes :( But I'm glad that Fred now has a new buddy & I'm glad they hit it off well together!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Those are really cute little ferrets. I'm really sorry about Fawkes. I'm sure you must have missed him a lot.
Ginny is sweet but fred's "laugh" makes me giggle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts