Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is LOBO. We believe he is about 4 years old. We adopted him from Animal Control in the town I live in. He was in the shelter for 7 months. He is kinda skiddish. We have been visiting him at the shelter for 2 months now but he is still kind of scared. We went to the pet store before bringing him home and he peed twice in the store lol. My fiance thought it was hilarious. LOBO so far is a really good dog other than being shy right now. I know he will grow out of it. He is our only dog and our first together. Like I said in my member intro is you read it, the ladies at animal control believed he is part Husky and German Shepard. If you have any ideas that would be awesome. Hope you like the pictures!! Oh and lol I think he has a funny tongue. It is kinda clipped in the middle.

Sorry the pictures are so big!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My best guess is with the lady at the shelter. he looks to be part GS cus of the fur and pary Husky cus of the eyes and body structure. Either way he is gorgeous. Beautiful eyes.

·
Registered
660 Posts
He's very nice looking. Gorgeous dog. While I can see how one could come up with the husky gsd mix, I also see a potential aussie/heeler mix. I don't know why. That's what my Roo is and I swear I've never seen two of that mix look alike! They vary so much. How big is he? A gsd/husky mix would be quite heavy, while an aussie/heeler mix would be on the medium'ish side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is that LOBO is maybe 60 65 lbs? Well thats what my fiance says. and he has picked him up. I haven't tried to pick him up. But he can put up a fight when he is on the leash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!! I have no idea why on earth anyone would leave this dog in a shelter for 7 months!! He is starting to warm up to me now. I know itll take time. I remember the first day we saw him, the animal control lady said well he might jump up on the fence and act all vicious but he isn't. My fiance and I walked in and he was calm, came up to the fence, and started licking us! We were surprised, we know now that he had to have chosen us. So I am super excited to have him home now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts