Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all :) I'm new here. I used to have a husky/shepard mix (her name was Sienna) but we had to put her to sleep after 12 years of love. We just adoped a sweet husky mix and am unsure as to what his 'mix' part is. His tail is curly, and he surely has the markings of a husky. Can you help me? I was also told that he is 1 year old.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Welcome to the dog-forum...

I'm not an expert on dogs, but maybe Husky and Shepherd?? Maybe? lol!

Welcome again, and congratulations on the new addition to your family! : D

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Whatever he is, he is definitely adorable...I'm afraid I'm not much help on the breed side of things though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's ok :) He seems super sweet...and VERY energetic! We like that though. My daughters named him Kodiak. I can tell he went through some training, because he uses the same hand commands that I used on Sienna...sit, down, stay.

He seems like a real 'people lover'!

:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
He looks just like a husky mix I saw in my local shelter a few weeks ago. Unsurprisingly someone was considering him by the time I left.

He is gorgeous though, congratulations and welcome

·
Banned
428 Posts
I love it. Reminds me of my baby!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am not really sure just by looking at those pics, defo a husky mix though, do you have any pics of her side while she is standing?

Either way she is really cute and I love her blue eyes:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THanks guys :) I think he is going to fit in well here. I will take better pics (if i can get him to stand still) tomorrow. It's been such a long time since I have had a young one here...i feel like a new mom!! LOL!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK...here are two more pics. Took him to the vet today and he got a great, clean bill of health! He started howling at a 16yo female. Does anyone know how to socialize this breed, or do i do it like any other?

·
Registered
714 Posts
i'm still going with pure husky. they come in that color, a buff/isabella white and my boys tail looks like that now, and my 2 year olds tail didnt get fluffy until he was just about 2. and i know lots of huskies that curl their tails like an akita!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know I already said that he was cute.. but the last pictures.... he is just so amazingly beautiful. You got one pretty boy there.
Thank you!!!! I think he is too. He is lots of fun too! I can't wait until my 9yo daughter comes home to give him love :)

The vet said that he believes he is pure husky. Either way, he is such a sweet boy and going to make a great addition to our family :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts