Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well My neighbor has a pom. She is never on a leash, he talks to this dog like she is a person...'lily you better listen or im goin to spank you":rolleyes: Anyways, this lil annoying dog is always annoying bear Yapping at him coming into MY yard getting into my garbage getting on the porch eating bears food, just down right annoying.

Yesterday he complained saying that bear was near his drive way(half of it is ours!) He is chained up so im not violating any laws within the city. He is though

No owner shall permit or allow a dog to run at large within the City of Auburn unless such dog shall be restrained as provided in the definition of "restraint" in § 104-8.

No unspayed female dog in season shall be permitted to be outside a building or a fenced enclosure.

No owner shall keep or harbor a dog which howls or barks habitually or continuously so as to disturb the peace and quiet of other persons.

She was in heat and he was letting her run around outside unleashed. She yaps all the damn time he can be gone for hours and she yaps the entire time!!

Im seriously getting irritated!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'd catch her, get her spayed and drop her off at animal control. Mention to the owner that she should be sure to check animal control/rescues to find her dog. Let her pay the fine to get her out.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'd contact Animal control! That or catch the little bugger and bring him to the humane society.

I'm sorry but prior to moving, dh and I had a neighbour who had two yappy little dogs that would bark all day and night and run around everywhere. One even got hit by a car, and then they got another one to replace it. And the new one was the same as the old one. Those two dogs drove me up the wall!!

I have two dogs and they don't bark unless someone rings our door bell, and even sometimes they don't even bark. The other day my neighbour even commented that she's never heard my dogs bark.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I would continually make complaints to Animal-Control... Taking matters into your own hands could cause even more problems, personally, between you and your neighbor...

A lot of people don't realize, if you call AC, a lot, they usually wind up doing something more than just hand out a warning. My father's neighbors had suspicious activity going on at their house involving Pit-Bulls and breeding... Well, he continued to call AC about the unfit living conditions of the dogs living outside; It took calling AC almost everyday for nearly a month, but finally the dogs were "repossessed". Usually a few warnings is all anybody needs to be put on the right tack, but those people continued regardless... (Now they don't live there anymore.)

Anyway, I would continue to call AC. Daily if you have too... If you make enough complaints something will get done.

Good luck! : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts