Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ... my name is Eddee ...

I am a one year old Schnauzer/? ... I weigh 11.8 pounds and have a brindle wirey coat of black, gray, brown, silver, and white.

My owner dumped me, forgot to take my dog license tag off and then when contacted ... signed me over to a kill shelter only after the dog warden went to the residence to serve papers on my owner. My owner no longer wanted me.

I am told that I am very similar to a certain humans little heart dog ... and one month to the date of his passing ... I have been adopted by a new human with a tear in her eye ... she loves me. :)

What is Eddie mixed with?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Eddie, you got a great home, trust me. Your new human is one of the good ones.

Maybe you have a little cairn terrier in there? You sure are cute! Feel free to visit me and kabota if you're ever in PA.

·
Registered
871 Posts
OMG he tilts his head and looks right at you just like little leeo! I love scruffy long haired dogs like that. His eyes sparkle....I cant imagine anyone not wanting this dog.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Oh Abbylynn! You sure can pick the cute ones:) And just what does lil Lucy have to say about the newcomer?

Some owners can be so stupid. The AC called our clinic today because one of our clients dropped off her dog there. Her dog has Addison disease. The lady did not want to deal with the dog anymore and dropped it off at the high kill shelter. The dog was 3 years old. As if this dog had a good chance of being adopted out. Stupid!

Eddie looks to be a cairn/schnauzer mix or even have some Shih Tzu in there. It is hard to tell. What I do know is he knows how to play the heartstring pull song really well with those eyes.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long story short ... Dad took me there to see a dog that looked like my childhood terrier ... it even had the same name ... a reincarnation ... no joking! It had been adopted 5 minutes before we got there. It was what my Mother would have wanted ... so Dad wanted to go there. Low and behold ... right next over in the 2nd cage from the adopted dog sat this little guy. I was so overwhelmed when I saw him I got tears in my eyes. He put his paw out of the cage and held my hand. That was all she wrote!!!

He had been there for 11 days waiting on his owner to sign him over to the shelter. They never came. So the dog warden sent someone to their house and served the papers and had them sign him over. I waited until they came back ... and he was all mine! I am so excited .. it feels like Christmas! :)

I cannot understand why he was no longer wanted. He had been found about 25 miles from his real home in a higher dollar neighborhood than where he was from. I know the area well. I have had no issues with him so far. He has made up to me like he has known me his whole life. He has had veterinary care and vaccines. He still needs neutered which was included in his adoption fee. I just have to make the appointment and take him there.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh Abbylynn! You sure can pick the cute ones:) And just what does lil Lucy have to say about the newcomer?

Some owners can be so stupid. The AC called our clinic today because one of our clients dropped off her dog there. Her dog has Addison disease. The lady did not want to deal with the dog anymore and dropped it off at the high kill shelter. The dog was 3 years old. As if this dog had a good chance of being adopted out. Stupid!

Eddie looks to be a cairn/schnauzer mix or even have some Shih Tzu in there. It is hard to tell. What I do know is he knows how to play the heartstring pull song really well with those eyes.

This is sooo horrid how people can just take a life and not worry if it is just snuffed out! UUUUgh!!!

Lucy is not too bad about Eddee at the moment. But Lucy and Blu Boy are arch rivals yet ... another knock down drag out fight today before Eddie was even here. :/ I had a terrible time getting it stopped. I did not even see the sign or what it was about other than Blu Boy was walking towards and close to me.

Now ... I do have one of my older Nieces begging me for Lucy. I am not sure. I would want Lucy completely well first. My Niece is the exact image of me when it comes to animals and responsibility. Her Birthday is June 6 .... I will see ... they have no dogs. Lucy has met them all and loves everyone. Lucy is so sweet. She just has issues with Abbylynn and Blu Boy because she wants me all to herself ... She does not seem to like to share.

Did they get that poor dog out of the shelter? ... or do I not want to know? ...

I was thinking Cairn as well. The shelter said Schnauzer/Maltese/Lhasa ... just what they were guessing. That shelter went out of its way today to get Eddee adopted out to me. They were great! :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
The dog I've foster sat for a few times already (and scheduled to again at the end of May) has a similar story. She was diagnosed with Addison disease when she was 7 and her family signed her over to the vets because they didn't want to deal with a sick dog. The rescue I volunteer with has her as a permanent foster with a wonderful lady for the last 2 years and she'll spend the rest of her life with her. She stays as a permanent foster so the rescue will cover her medical expenses and the foster pays for everything else. Fortunately she hasn't had a single Addison crises since her first about 2 years ago when she was diagnosed but she is constantly on meds/steroids for the Addisons.

So good things CAN happen but they have to get lucky.

Abbylynn you have such a huge heart to take in another dog so soon, Eddie is very cute and lucky to have you.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ... another twist in this adoption story ... I delved even further into it and found that my new little guy had been owner redeemed not too long ago. This was his second time at the shelter. He has had about four different names! :/ The one I came across on the shelter site was "Sylvester" back in March of this year... and his kennel name yesterday was "Tiki" ... and his owner says it is "Freddy".

Eddee is his name now and that it will remain because this little guy is not ever going to see the likes of a shelter again in his lifetime! :)

Eddee is also never going to be off leash to bolt or be dumped off somewhere. Eddee is very highly active ... in fact he jumps straight into your arms from a standstill and it took me 3 hours to unwind him yesterday! Lol! He is a ball of energy for sure!!! I love it! :)

Like the man at the shelter said ... "It is their loss... he is a nice little dog ... and now he is your treasure." That shelter deserves some praise for their willingness to go the extra mile for an animal.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Like the man at the shelter said ... "It is their loss... he is a nice little dog ... and now he is your treasure." That shelter deserves some praise for their willingness to go the extra mile for an animal.
That honestly made me tear up <3 so sweet!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That honestly made me tear up <3 so sweet!
Hahaha! ... me too ... right in front of the shelter guy! :) The man at the shelter told me of his dogs passing and the whole story. We shared our losses together while waiting for the dog warden to find Eddee's owners. It was quite a touching day all around. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oh how adorable!
Abbylynn congrats on the new addition - what a wonderful new home you will be for him

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh how adorable!
Abbylynn congrats on the new addition - what a wonderful new home you will be for him
Thank you! I feel like a kid in a candy shop this morning! Eddee runs from me when I call him sometimes ... just like Leeo did when he was a pup. Sooo much in common so far and yet still a different little guy with a huge heart!

Had to post just one more pic ....

Eddee is napping in his crate right now. We are crate training right from the start ... so far so good. :)

He has my heart hook, line, and sinker! ... even if he did poo in my bedroom! Lol! We will be working on this potty training 101. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eddee is adorable!! I'm so happy you have each other :)
Thank you!

I made a 50 foot rope line for him last night with some supplies from TSC. We are going to try it out after lunch! I can hardly wait to see him run!

Lucy is over at my Sisters house with my Dad ... they are loving her! Lucy is loving them too! Dad says when my Sis went over to the neighbors across the street, Lucy was crying for her to come back! This makes my heart happy! :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Eddie, you got a great home, trust me. Your new human is one of the good ones.

Maybe you have a little cairn terrier in there? You sure are cute! Feel free to visit me and kabota if you're ever in PA.
Eddee says we are maybe only a couple hour drive from PA .... if even that ... thanks! :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Abbylynn
I'm currently reading a book called " the dog who talked to God" and the dog kn the cover looks just like eddee! Lol

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Eddee says we are maybe only a couple hour drive from PA .... if even that ... thanks! :)
Kabota wants to know if maybe Eddee likes to dig in the garden? Because that's Kabota's new favorite thing!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Abbylynn
I'm currently reading a book called " the dog who talked to God" and the dog kn the cover looks just like eddee! Lol
Oh my! .... how coincidental is that! Lol! :) I may try to look up the book to see a pic of the cover! Lol!

EDIT: I looked up the book cover ... I see the Schnauzer for sure! Lol!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kabota wants to know if maybe Eddee likes to dig in the garden? Because that's Kabota's new favorite thing!

I have not found out yet. I may just find out tonight. I have not actually started planting this year yet. I am only doing corn and tomatoes this year ... too much other stuff to do. :/

It is 82.4 degrees right now and no shade in the yard. We are going to go out in the cooler of the evening to explore a little! Lol! I will let you know.

I think it is a fun idea to make a place where they are allowed to dig. I may do that this year. Lol! I will just make it close to the woods. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts