Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have a morkie, about 2 1/2 years old. He can be fairly loving, but when we are watching TV in bed and he's between us, if I lean over and try to hug my wife or kiss her on the cheek or such, he gets extremely upset and looks terrified, like I'm going to hurt my wife. He has to be held back or he'll lunge between us and lick her face. If I put my hand to his mouth, he licks it, but still goes back to cujoing out. Another thing he does is when I give a piece of paper to my wife he freaks and wants to destroy it. But then he comes over and wants to cuddle against my back. It's really weird, and very annoying. I think he's psychotic. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I think he's a dog and you're taking it too personally, if that's not putting it too bluntly.

If he misbehaves when laying between the two of you, why continue to let him lay between the two of you? If you (or you wife) want him on the bed, you could put a little dog bed or folded up blanket on your bed in a better spot, and train him to lay there instead.

Bear in mind that you're probably like forty times his size. It doesn't take a lot for you to come off as looming or intimidating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts