Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one, my little pom Chessabell has been acting strange since yesterday morning, she is acting like something might be biting her on her left shoulder or back. pretty much what she does is she tips her head to the left and shakes her head acting like maybe its her left ear but then she uses her back foot to try and scratch something that is either on her back or maybe her should but never her ear, she then acts scared, tucks her butt under her and runs to a hiding place. now i cleaned out her ear and looked at it and there was nothing in it and it seemed totally normal. i also groomed her looking threw her fur to see if there might be something stuck or a bug but i couldn't find anything. she is a inside dog and only 2 years old. she has no dandruff her coat is shiny and healthy so i just am at a loss on what could possibly be bothering her, i have a vet appointment for her on Monday but im not sure if the vet will know how to help her seeing how there doesn't seem to be any visible problem. the only thing that happened different then usual is that i got her a treat by buying some beef bones that still had the meet on them and gave her one to eat, she left it outside and 2 days later went out and tried to bury it. i should have gone out and gotten rid of it but i didn't think it would be to much of a problem seeing how its very cold out side. the next day is when she started acting strange. do you think that she might have some strange parasite? im just at such a loss and i don't like seeing her this way. :( any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Chewing works muscles all the way back into the shoulders. Maybe she pulled a muscle in her shoulder. Pulled muscles hurt a lot, but aren't dangerous. I'd definitely take her to the vet, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts