Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has been hard since Izze's tragic death, tommorow i pick up Izze
s ashes from the vets office & then it will prolly sink in that she is no longer with us. this morning it was raining & the dog was in but i swear i heard her barking, this is so hard :(

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
it has been hard since Izze's tragic death, tommorow i pick up Izze
s ashes from the vets office & then it will prolly sink in that she is no longer with us. this morning it was raining & the dog was in but i swear i heard her barking, this is so hard :(
I know how hard it is, I really do. But it won't hurt forever. Izze will always be with you.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I did not know she had died, so very sorry. I had not checked other thread, for a while and I assumed she was getting better.

You will have flashbacks for a while, it comes with the territory. Some are heartwarming though as you remember where Izze did this or that so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Yes, it's hard. It hurts like someone ripping out your heart. But, in time, that raw pain will be replaced by good memories. Warm thoughts to you.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
We go through many stages when we lose someone we love. Today will probably be the hardest as it becomes a reality and the shock begins to wear off. I am sending good thoughts and prayers. One day at a time.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. After Muggsy died, I would burst into tears every time I came home because it would hit me all over again that he wasn't there to greet me. Every hour or so at home, I would suddenly get worried and look around. "Where's the dog? What's he getting into- oh." It was awful.

It does get better. I can talk about Muggsy and laugh instead of cry now. I miss him, I probably always will, but it's a dull ache, not a sharp stab to the heart.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know how hard it is to have to pick up the ashes. This will be a hard day for you and I am sorry for that. When I brought Sam's ashes home I totally broke down realizing that was the last time she would come into the house with me. After 8 months I still get a lump in my throat thinking about her and Heidi. Take care of yourself and just grieve. You have to feel to heal and although it hurts it is part of the process of losing a beloved family member. In time you will be able to remember the joy she brought you without feeling so much pain. It does get better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"There is one best place to bury a good dog. If you bury him in this spot, he will come to you when you call - come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel, they shall not growl at him nor resent his coming, for he belongs there. People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper: people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing. The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." (B.H. Campman)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and Jo as you go through this difficult time. It's hard now, but, hopefully, the memories of your good times will soon comfort you.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys i am in contact with houstone collie rescue, they are checking my vet references now & if everything checks out i should be getting a new friend sometime soon. :')

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, i have been in contact with houston collie rescue but there is a hitch, they called the vet that i used (for almost 3 yrs) & they said they had only seen Izze & Josefina once & yada yadaso i gave them the number of the vet that my folks used when i had a job that was unsuitable for a dog at the time, i havent heard anything back, I hope that i dont get regected.

they are missing heartworm & shots records, i have Izze's rabies tag on my keychain, they were out of them :grr: i wish i had presued getting it more aggressively butt they said they would mail it & they never did.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
When it rains, it pours... Persist. This is going to be a better week and you'll soon have the new friend.... But, you know you'll have to go through some pain... it'll pass. keep hope.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I really hope it all works out just right for you.....imagine that somewhere out there is a great dog waiting for a forever home...you will know when you meet the right dog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts