Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Unfortunately there are some horrible people in this world. I hope they catch the sicko that did it!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Wow that's sad. I'd vote for an equal punishment if they find the POS who did this. Let them burn a bit see how it feels.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unbelievable!! I wish someone could get inside a person's head to figure out what would give them the desire to do something like that. If they ever found the person who did that to my dog, I'd be going to prison.....no doubt a life sentence.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Unbelievable!! I wish someone could get inside a person's head to figure out what would give them the desire to do something like that. If they ever found the person who did that to my dog, I'd be going to prison.....no doubt a life sentence.
Not if we were on the Jury :p

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Sadly the insane fool that did this probably thinks it was justified because it was a Pit Bull. People are so sick. I cannot even imagine the amount of pain that poor little Angel is in, and the fact that she allows them to do painful bandage changes is just amazing. What a sweet little thing. It hurts my heart to see.
To think that the person that could do something so horrific and then just go on with their life like there is no problem is mind boggling.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I just cannot imagine how haunting that screaming sound would be...just thinking about it makes my stomach turn. It blows my mind that someone could do that. That dog is amazing, I hope she gets the best treatment possible to save her life, or I hope she is put to sleep before she suffers any further.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I came here to post this story and ask for your help.

I live in Baltimore City and have a rescued former bait dog-a pit/chessie mix. My dog is missing her nose, has scarring on her face, her teeth are filed down, she's been shot at, and beaten. She also enjoys swimming, sitting on benches and doggie watching, squeaky toys, and baby carrots. She loves kids (my nephew tries to ride her), and everyone who gives her a chance loves her. Some people don't, and I say their loss. If the TDI test ever comes back to Baltimore, I'd love to get her involved with that- she'd really enjoy it and she's so gentle.

I never thought I'd read a news story that made me relieved Maisy was "just" shot, beaten, bitten, and abused, but this did. I work for one of Baltimore's major media outlets and the person who covered this story for us said the rescue thinks she'll make it and be put up for adoption. I know the list for this must be a million miles long but I really want to be considered. I think my experiences with Maisy make me a good candidate for it.

I was wondering if anyone who has experience rescuing abuse dogs or dogs that make it onto the news and have several potential adopters are looking for. I emailed them today and I'm going to call tomorrow- any advice?

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
In New York we ahve a law that has elevated animal cruelty to a felony. The law is Buster's Law named for a cat that was burned by some kids.. and who did not make it but not for a lack of veterinary attempts to save him.

IMO there is no punishment out there equal to this crime... well.. yeah.. there is.. but it is illegal. Now.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty sick. Unfortunately, it's not the first case ive heard of where animals are set on fire....people stupify me...:confused:
I know she is not the first ....and far from the last....but for some reason it just hit me extra hard....especially with the video.

Just imagine the sheer terror she must have felt at being burned alive!.....and now her poor body is 95% burned...she cant even be held and petted for comfort....I'm sure even the gentlest tuch must be excruciating.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
How tragic! I can't even imagine the sick mind and cold heart it takes to do such a thing.
They're saying the poor girl still may not survive. :( If anyone sees an update story on this dog please post it. I hope she can pull through.

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I was wondering if anyone who has experience rescuing abuse dogs or dogs that make it onto the news and have several potential adopters are looking for. I emailed them today and I'm going to call tomorrow- any advice?
I don't have experience with this, but I want to wish you luck. I hope you'll keep us updated. She's going to need a lot of TLC.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
At 95% burned, she may very well not make it.. she is going to need a lot more than TLC I am afraid.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I was going on the crogers4's information that the dog was likely going to make it. Healing is, of course, the most important thing. 95 percent burned . . . oh, just sad. If she does heal, I'm sure it will be a long, long process.

I hope they find the person(s) who did this to her.

·
Registered
67 Posts
she's dong as well as can be expected. Things are looking good. Here are some pics from yesterday

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/05/pictures_of_phoenix_the_burned.html

not to make it anymore heart-wrenching, but this isn't an all black dog, you're looking at charred skin.

Regarding adoption, I asked my roommate (and landlord) about it and he's not keen on the idea. While I'd still really like to have a chance at adopting her, I'm not going to put myself on the list. This is still big news here, and I know the adoption list will be miles long of people with good homes. I live in the city-city in a basement apartment with a kind of small yard- Maisy and I have a blast at the nearby park but I just don't think I can give Phoenix the home she desperately deserves. I've donated to her care, and I have the journalist who covered this story updating me on her condition. Someone will take her in and give her a wonderful home if she makes it through.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts