Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merlin rarely eats out of a bowl, I feed most of his meals to him while training. Therefore my hands always smell like kibble. I don't mind it most of the time but sometimes I get tired of the smell. It doesn't matter how much I wash my hands or what kind of scented lotion I use, it fades a little but doesn't really go away. Anybody got any tricks for making the smell go away for a while?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought about gloves but I really don't want to wear them 2 or 3 times a day for training. Lemon is a good idea, maybe I'll try that. Interesting, I've never heard of the rubbing your hands on stainless steel. I wonder how that works...

Thanks for the ideas! :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are good ideas, I've just been using regular liquid handwashing soap but I haven't tried a scrub yet. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Never heard of Gojo, do you know where I can get it? I tried googling it but didn't really see where to buy it.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
I was stopped at the baggage claim by an airport security beagle once. Turned out my pouch (where I keep the passport, cards, money, keys etc) is what attracted the dog. I told the lady I use it as a treat pouch at home and dug out some kibble from the bottom. Apparently I never cleaned the bag out! The lady just laughed and the beagle continued to sniff for drugs and bombs.

I find kibble EVERYWHERE. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's hilarious! You're right, kibble does seem to have a way of getting into every corner and crevice! I find it in the car, the couch, under the table, in my pockets, the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I was introduced to Gojo by my mechanic brother. Nothing worked for him until this stuff. I asked him and he said you can find it at Wal-Mart, Autozone, VIP, Sears, Advanced Auto Parts, etc.

The website says you can buy them from these online retailers : http://www.gojo.com/united-states/about-gojo/how-to-buy-distributors.aspx.

This stuff is awesome with a capital A. If you ever have really tough stains on your skin, this is great stuff. I even use it on my clothes sometimes.

If you end up getting it, please let me know if it works!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That's hilarious! You're right, kibble does seem to have a way of getting into every corner and crevice! I find it in the car, the couch, under the table, in my pockets, the list goes on and on.
And Bella will sniff out and not give up until she can get to those little pieces of kibble that rolled WAY under the counter. Unreal. LOL

GoJo is really awesome stuff. I can't stand the feel of it, but it does work well!

·
Registered
849 Posts
lol I have the same problem. I have been hand-feeding Willow since she's been ill, and she can only eat bits at a time, so I do it every couple of hours. I have a good soak in the hot tub for a couple hours each night so at least I don't take the smell to bed with me. She won't eat dog food anymore. Lately it has been chicken fried in a bit of bacon fat that gets her eating. I should bottle the stuff and sell it as perfume though. Men seem more drawn to me lately...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts