Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I've been punched in the gut- again.

My grandma has been having back problems a while. She was supposed to have surgery a few days after my mom died but canceled and came here to be with us instead. She had it this week instead. When she got out we were told there were some complications and that her recovery would be longer than expected. The next couple of days she began having some major confusion problems and slurred speech. So they told us they thought she'd had a stroke. Today they got her an MRI and saw the neurologist and there's an abnormal growth on the right frontal lobe of her brain. The exact same place Mom's tumor was. We don't know if it's cancer yet, but I just don't know... I'm just so upset. It just seems so unlikely and so wrong this would happen like this.

Dad's on his way to be with her (it's his mom). I'm staying with the girls. I don't know if we'll travel in this weekend or not.

I just can't believe it. Hearing the news was just awful because not only was I hearing that Gran has a brain tumor, I relived a month ago and all we went through with Mom's tumor.

I need prayers, especially for my father. He just went through all this with his wife and now he gets to go through it all with his mom. :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm so sorry about this and will pray for you and your family. I have known a couple people that had benign growth (one was a cyst and one a benign tumor) in their brains, but regardless it's still serious. I am hoping for the best outcome.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Laurelin, you have my prayers as does your father. I cannot even imagine. It seems too much for anyone to have to endure. I believe in God and that there is always a plan. I just cannot imagine what it is when people have to suffer so much. I am sorry you are having to deal with this. Stay positive, hopefully this is NOT cancer and they can fix it quickly.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
O my goodness hun, I am sooo sorry. I just couldn't believe it when I saw the title of your post, knowing what you have just SO recently gone through!
You know I'm keeping your family in my prayers. My heart just aches for all of you :(

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Oh Laurelin, I'm so sorry Hon, I can't even imagine how you and your family are feeling right now! Your family is in my Prayers.

(((HUGS)))

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family again... and so soon after you lost your mom. :(

You & your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong and remember that we are here for you!

::::::::::hugs::::::::::

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
There just aren't any right words when something like this happens. I know you are trying to care for your little sibs, so try to be strong for them. But don't be afraid to cry, it really does help release pent up chemicals from anxiety in the body. And take time every day to be quiet with your own thoughts. You need stillness to access that inner strength. You are an amazing young woman, I know it.

Kno that the world is spinning just as it was meant to. This may seem like a cruel blow but perhaps one day you will see the meaning. We can only hope.

Try to give your dad some time to absorb the whole issue. My best friend and her MIL died within days of each other and her husband still grieves, a few years later.

In the meanwhile, good thoughts are coming your way.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I wish I had an update, but we still haven't heard back from the neurologist... Hopefully we'll know what we're looking at soon enough.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Laurelin, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Your family has been through so much already.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Laur I am so so sorry to hear this. I really just think you and your family have been handed way too much. My thoughts are with you at this time and I hope that you and your family can come though all this ok. I am sending healing vibes your way that your Grandmother can beat this.

·
Registered
926 Posts
So Sorry you and your family are going through this. Thinking of you.

If only we truly could give you a big circle of hugs from DF.

Cyber hugs!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
You'd think you've have been through enough of this crap to last at least a year...>_>

I'm so sorry, and I'm hoping for the best for you and your Gran. *hugs*

1 - 20 of 30 Posts