Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
About 6 days ago, my golden, Leezard, started throwing up, and couldn't keep any food in her system. She eats raw food (she has allergies) and the last meal she had (besides broth and noodles to try to keep sustenance in her) was a beef kidney. Three days ago, I took her to the vet, and she was dehydrated. They checked her blood and her liver numbers were really high, so they kept her over night. The only thing she would get into is the cat box... so, I don't know what caused it. Maybe the kidney wasn't cleaned right? or could it have been the cat litter?

Sorry this post is so unorganized... just flustered.

Thanks!
Camille:redface:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Miss Leezard is 5. My vet went through a whole list of things to see if Leez was exposed to any of them, and they all came up negative. She had diarrhea, acted very tired, and wouldn't drink anything.

She is currently on a strict (nothing else but the food) Hepatic diet, with Denamarin. She is currently staying hydrated, acting like her normal self (besides that she gets tired easily, which the vet said that it was normal for a dog to do so after going through this), and seems all around healthier. She is going in tomorrow to see how her liver is doing, and hopefully she heals up quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts