Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vet recommended Frontline Plus for my doggie, so I decided to try it out. Right now im in the georgia mountains, so we have ticks and fleas everywhere. My doggie is a indoor animal most of the time, only to go outside for the bathroom or very short time.

So I used the product knowing there was NO fleas or ticks on my poochie at the time. Within a few days he was loaded with fleas. I was thinking...hmm thats not right... So I kept using the product because I purchased it. Ive used it when he had fleas and when he did not, and so on. It has NEVER worked. I am rather upset about it. It actually even seemed like frontline attracted more fleas!

My dog is diabetic, and my vet mentioned there are certain products we should not use. But only suggested we would ever need frontline. I know I should contact my vet on this one, but I wanted to hear the communitys suggestions. Because lately, I feel like everything the vet is telling me is a lie :(

So whats everyones preference?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The fleas in your area have probably developed a resistance to the chemicals used in Frontline. I would ask your vet about trying something different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts