Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have owned many dogs in the past, but never two puppies at the same time(yes I know its double the work and effort, I really thought about this one and ended up getting two). Well, to make a long story short my female pup always plays too aggressive and shes so dominant over my little boy. He's always getting scratched or slightly bit and shes untouched. They are both American Bulldogs, 11 weeks old, and I'm not sure what to do to help this behavior. They stay in this kennel I bought when we are not home, and my wife and I try to spend time alone with each one of them.

Could it be that they get bored and start playing too rough? I was thinking of buying more of those toys where you hide treats in them so I can get them mentally tired and entertained. Any tips will be appreciated guys!.

Also any stickies you guys might recommend would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance for your time!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It is totally normal for littermates to play too rough with each other.

Are they crated together? If so start separating them. They can have 15 minute playtimes together a few times a day but otherwise should be kept more as 'only dogs' meaning separate rooms and one on one time with humans. Book them into classes on different nights and one of you take a dog and the other stay home with the other dog then switch, go for separate walks and so on. It's not 'double' the work more like triple or more to properly raise littermates. Being that they are a bully breed means even more so. Good luck, I'm not even quite that crazy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha I know it's a lot of work, but I love them. When they are alone, they are angels but when they are together she plays too rough. Not all the time but they have they growling play times. I was thinking of getting a crate to separate one of them and put them together in the kennel during playtime.

They do eat separated and different plates, and we do walk them at different times. If we walk them at the same time, my wife and I go different ways, but sometimes I just feel bad for him because it's obvious he is the submissive out of the two. I haven't had a puppy in such a long time I forgot how much of a hassle it can be hahahaha. Also I don't quite remember, but is it normal for them to bite the leash and stuff when you walk them? Sometimes they have a little temper tantrum when we put the leash on, then they forget about it and walk for a bit and go at it again. I just it's just a puppy thing until they get used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts