Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
well I am sure there are people on here that would hire you to make their dogs dresses! LOL

cute babies

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i usually make them for chairty these days, occasionally I put some on ebay with most (usually 90%) of profits going to a dog related charity.

I have tonnes of jumpers and dresses and little toys I am making for someone for a charity day theyre helping run, keeps my arthritic fingers going!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I am no fan of dressing dogs but that little pink number is so cute on your dog! Nice job. And what adorable pups.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i personally dont dress my dogs up everyday, they only wear clothes for a reason ie it is cold out.

I figured if the clothing I make has a purpose then why not have something nice, so being made from wool the dresses are warm.

I make more jumpers than dresses really.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Your dogs are sooo cute!! And you did a great job on the dresses! Some people will pay a lot of money for hand knitted doggy clothes like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the lovely comments.
I actually put one on ebay at the end of winter, with 90% of profit going to dogs trust, and was amazed that it sold for £11 !!!!!!

Most of my stuff is for charity, else my dogs would end up with bigger wardrobes than me lol.

Can I just ask what sort of dog is DJ? He is so sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Can I just ask what sort of dog is DJ? He is so sweet!!!
Thanks! He really is a very good boy. He's a Boston terrier/minpin mix :D

Hubby & I own a doggy boutique & some times I am surprised at the money people will pay for cute dog clothes! Really darling stuff tho!
That's great of you to donate the money you make to charity!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well he is really cute!!!!

I strated making stuff intially to keep from getting bored

Youre so lucky owning a boutique, I would love to do something like that here in the UK, but just dont have the money to get started on it.

I would also love to spend lots of money on dog clothes lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The pic with the boy and chihuahua is frame worthy. Great pics, too. I didn't think they were bad at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aww thanks, that one is actually a few months old, that was the day we bought that girl home to us.
She is still best friends with my youngest tho, always on the sofa with him having cuddles.

I hope to get better at taking photos, trying to find a good inexpensive course of some sort.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well, whether dressing a dog up is right or wrong, I would have loved one of those little pink and white dresses for my Inga when she was alive. It is so unfair that they do not make cute things for larger breed dogs. I was stuck with a plain red and black jacket, a blue hoodie (ugly) and a tan with fur pea coat. She looked manly in all of them. I always wanted a girly outfit for her. lol Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Your dogs are adorable dressed up or not. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts