Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was participating in a discussion on facebook yesterday about the benefits of feeding raw, and I made this to show just one of the many many many benefits. These are my three dogs. I have never brushed their teeth, and none of them have ever had to be put through the risk of anesthesia to have a dental. :) Just wanted to share! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! That is seriously impressive!
Thanks! :D

What kind of bones do you give them. Mine shows no interest in raw, meaty beef ribs.
Depends on the day/week/month. We feed whole prey like deer, goat, chicken, turkey, lamb, boar, and whatever else we can get from the farmer and/or hunters. If your dogs aren't showing interest in raw food, you can try slightly warming (NOT cooking, ESPECIALLY if there is bone in the meal) it to make it more appealing the first few times. We had to do this with our kitties for a few weeks and with organs for everyone the first few times. It seems that some carnivores just don't like cold meat and need it either room temperature or slightly warmed.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great looking teeth showing just one of the many benefits of raw feeding!

Fuzzy Pants turkey necks are great bones for keeping teeth clean. They have just enough meat on them to entice the dog to eat them. Before going to an all raw diet I gave my JRT a turkey neck once a week for her teeth and she ate them up from the first time. Where I live they are not too terribly expensive either. I can buy a whole pack for around $2.00.

·
Banned
78 Posts
I was participating in a discussion on facebook yesterday about the benefits of feeding raw, and I made this to show just one of the many many many benefits. These are my three dogs. I have never brushed their teeth, and none of them have ever had to be put through the risk of anesthesia to have a dental. :) Just wanted to share! :)

Hiya Pibble, very impressive. I feed raw and my dogs teeth are just as bright and clean. And vet always remarks on the teeth being really healthy.
I feed the following bones:
raw marrow bone sawn in half lengthwise, they get a half a bone
raw chicken necks, turkey necks and gizzards
Fish bone in whole fish
Lamb bones
Pig trotters
Basically, i pick up a sack from my butcher weekly

Then raw liver, heart, kidney, tripe, tongue, dog mince and i add lard.

I use 12 raw eggs, shells on.
I mix 10kg meat, with molasses, oats, veg, etc in the kitchen sink, divide into 12 meals, and freeze/refridgerate.
Add to this daily feed: bone, tinned oily fish once a week.

Result, same teeth you are showing.
and a fraction of cost of Raw Food Diet.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
My 9 year olds teeth look just like yours do. He isnt raw fed any more. But I never brush. he just gets tons of bones to chew. My 1.5 year olds are still the same, no tartar or such. but he is young. But I will assume his will stay the same for life as well. Only downside about my 9 year olds teeth is alot are chipped/broken due to his extreame rock fasination always needing to carry rocks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I see your pitt bulls' teeth and raise you a dachshund/poodle mix. LOL

He is going on nine years old (I can't believe he is almost NINE)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts