Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to ask if I can have a rabies by the scratch of my dog's teeth. She is already 10 months old. I already washed it. Thanks in advance for your answers :)

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Is your dog vaccinated against rabies? The vaccine is highly effective. The chances of a vaccinated dog being able to infect rabies is very very low. If you are still concerned, ask about preventative shots for yourself or ask about a titer for the dog (a titer is a test that checks the immune response of an animal to a vaccine, basically it can tell if the vaccine "took" or not). In the US, no one really is going to worry about getting nipped or scratched by the teeth of a pet dog if the dog has been vaccinated for rabies at the usual 4 months of age or so.

If she is not vaccinated against rabies, then you should talk to a doctor as soon as possible since I am guessing rabies are high-risk in your area from stray dogs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Has your dog been bitten by a rabid animal? Is she vaccinated? Or is she showing any signs of rabies (foaming at the mouth, etc.)? I'm not sure why there's a concern of rabies here. My dog's teeth have scratched my arms and legs and a couple times he's accidentally caused minor puncture wounds when leaping for a toy and missing. Rabies was not something I was ever concerned about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts