Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He is definitely part Dachshund (I was thinking maybe wire-haired- idk?). What else do you guys think though? We've heard Jack Russell Terrier a lot..... I heard Beagle once. Don't really think so though... Here's the pic (he has socks on so he won't scratch his eyes -- allergies)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Glad to see the socks seem to be working for your sweet boy! They're ridiculously adorable on his feet, lol.

I see lots of doxie, it's hard when small dogs are mixed with dachshunds because that little hot dog body is such a strong gene that it's what everyone sees. Maybe some rat terrier or the squat legged jrt? I'm assuming he is built much like a dachshund, right? Who knows, maybe he isn't a mix and is just a badly bred dachshund... such an easier answer to give to strangers than all the breeds people think he might be, lol.

Regardless, he is adorable. :) Give that poor baby with those puppy dog eyes a hug for me, and I hope he starts to feel less itchy soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww, thanks. You are so sweet! Will do, and you have a cutie as well!!! :)

and you are 100% right about the hot dog body being a strong gene. lol. He def. has the body of a Doxie, no doubt about it! His face is what throws everyone off. haha. I'm horrible when it comes to identifying different breeds. I get so confused bc sometimes when I google doxies, his face doesn't really seem to match, but sometimes it does (esp when I look at the wire haired doxies- although they have a beard and kind of bushier eyebrows?) IDK! :laugh: (it doesn't matter at all. I'm just curious haha)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
He is likely a Dachshund mix, but definitely not a wire hair. I don't think he is a badly bred Dachshund, either. It looks similar to wild boar coat, but wild boar coats consist of hair that are red and black on the shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts