Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My Dog Pepsi is 14 1/2 ive had her since i was 4yrs old im now nearly 20, Shes stoped eating and when shes drinkin shes throwing it all back up, we took her to the vet and they said that her liver and kidneys are failing and that we are best to put her to sleep, she is getting put to sleep on thursday afternoon at home, I dont no how im going to cope, shes always been there threw thick and thin and im finding it really hard to let go as is all of my family, i knew it was coming to an end and have cryed for a week, so has my family, even my dad who never crys. No one that i no really cares and pretends that its not happining and i dont want to speak 2 my family about it as it gets them more upset. Im really worried and scared that myself or someone else in the family will go to the lenth of suicide because of this matter, i no it sounds stupid but shes like a baby sister and im so scared, im going to miss her so much! i think i need help in tryin to deal with this from someone who knows what im feeling comment if you can. thanks
xx

·
Registered
126 Posts
What a sad sad time for you. This is a great place for you to share your fondest memories of your pet and remember her in all her greatness. Talking with family and friends even though it hurts is the best thing you can do really. You all will need to support each other through this sad time.

I'm so sorry you have to be going through this and pray your not going it alone.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I had to put my 14 year old dachshund to sleep last November. She had been a part of my life since she was 8 weeks old and I was 4 years old. It was quite literally the hardest time in my life. I held her in my arms all night the night before we took her to the vet for the last time. Now, more than 2 months later. I still cry sometimes when I think of her. She was my abby and I loved her dearly. But seeing her like that was possibly more painful than losing her. she was ready. It really is the final and greatest gift you can give to your dog when she is in pain. Have you read the poem "The Rainbow Bridge"? It is sad, but really touched my heart. Now I think about my baby girl happy and healthy, waiting for me at the bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time, know that we are all here for you and you will be okay.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am so sorry.. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to such a loyal friend. Many of us here do, so please reach out when you need to talk, there are a lot of great people here to offer support during such a sad time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh sweetie, I know how rough it is, and it's hard to believe, but you will survive it. Over the years I have had to send three of mine to the Rainbow Bridge, and it never gets any easier. Each time I think it is going to kill me, and each time I go on, and another dog comes to me to fill the empty space eventually. I still miss each one of them, though. Just make the next few days special. Love and spoil her, and take lotsa pictures with her. This is the very kindest, most loving thing you can do for her. Big hugs.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special
friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water
and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special
to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body
quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green
grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy
kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and
you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author Unknown

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
awwww hun, I'm so sorry for you & your family :(
It will be hard & you'll miss her terribly of course. But there really should be no suicidal thoughts. Yes, you'll miss her, but her moving on now is a good thing - you have to realize in your heart that she has lived a very long, happy & loved life ... it's her time to move on now.
You'll be in my thoughts. Big hugs to you & your sweet Pepsi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you evry1. Pepsi is now at rest now and i miss her so much!! shes coming back to us in a urn in 2 to 3 weeks. my other dog is lost without her!!

RIP Pepsi xxx

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Count her as blessed that you were able to give her a peaceful death.

My dog died on the operating table not too long ago. I feel your pain.

I will talk more about it when Im ready to anyone who is wondering..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts