Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share this with some people who would understand.

So today I was working on some obedience with Mayzie (our new dog) and Ranger, our other dog, always has to be involved. So they were both sitting. Mayzie closest to me and Ranger behind her.

Well, Mayzie lets out this LOUD fart. She whips her head around and looks at her butt like, "WTH???" At the same time, Ranger jumps back and also looks at her butt like "WTH???" and runs over to my hubby for "protection."

Hubby and I both died laughing. I was so worried about making the leap to two dogs but two are definitely twice as much fun as one! :D

Can anyone else relate?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Funny story ColoradoSooner. I have a funny one too, but not with farting. My dogs pretend they didn't do it and look at us like "what?" lol.

Elvis, our 9 year old border collie mix, he loves to chase squirrels, and if we tell him to get the squirrel he will jump up the tree to try to get them. He's done that his whole life. Now, we have our 14 week old puppy, and whenever he does that she tries to copy him. She can't quite jump very well yet, she's still a little clumsy, so it makes for some funny jumps when she comes back down. Most of the time it looks more like she walks her front paws up the tree and then pushes off backwards lol. She loves it though, cuz she gets to be with big brother.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't think I'ld ever stay with just one dog. For me 2 or 3 seems best. I love to watch the antics of multiples. They can be hilarious! So yes, I can relate.
I currently have 6 but after these guys pass I'll never have this many again. I like to have more one on one time and with 6 that's very difficult.

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
lol, funny story.
yes i can totally relate.
when my dogs fart they instantly leave the room because we have taught them this...
leroy farts a lot and scares himself awake sometimes.
and yeah, they stare at their butts while a fart comes out with the "what?!?" expression...

and i agree that two dogs are awesome once everything gets figured out and everyone settles in... they really love having a companion that understands their language/actions 100%, and the few times that we leave it feels good to know they are not alone.
i would never be a one dog household...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts