Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and I'm sitting on the veranda on an uncharacteristically cool morning for equatorial Brasil. When I said 'leave it' as they grabbed onto my sleeves (they hardly ever see sleeves) they left it.

We just got back from a walk where they didn't pull (too much :clap2:) and they ate without trying to kill each other since I've worked on resource guarding for months now.

One puppy is trying to get the other to play, but she's not up for it.

The breeze is making the coconut trees talk. The chickens are scratching around the yard without the dogs chasing them.

It's too early for them to bark a lot, so I said 'Quiet' and our whiny pit bull mix was quiet.

These are all things I learned here. Thank you, Dog Forums!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Isn't it awesome when training pays off? Congratulations!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Congrats on all your hard work training!

What a beautiful morning to awake to and experience. :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Amaryllis, yes! I am s happy someone suggested I ignore the other dogs and that my dogs would probably follow suit. Swow, it's been wonderful not getting all freaked about loose dogs (which we have tons of!)
Isn't it awesome when training pays off? Congratulations!

·
Registered
56 Posts
And to think I know people who say "that's just what dogs do" and never realize the potential of a well behaved dog that obeys.

I still have a long way to go, but we are getting there.

can't wait till I post a similar post about batman. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Lucifer was the most obnoxious , destructive ill behaved dog you ever saw when I rescued him last fall. Now he is almost the perfect dog. He even gets calls from neighbors to come have play dates , we have what we call the gathering of the labs on my street plus Lucifers best girl Ruby Sue the long legged great dane !! Lucifer is looking at me now wanting to go out but its 6 am , too early , his best buddy Wolfy won't be out till 7 am ahhhh and I hear an eagle out there, best not let the cats out this morning.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We still have a long way to go....but we have some successes.

Lucifer was the most obnoxious , destructive ill behaved dog you ever saw when I rescued him last fall. Now he is almost the perfect dog. He even gets calls from neighbors to come have play dates , we have what we call the gathering of the labs on my street plus Lucifers best girl Ruby Sue the long legged great dane !! Lucifer is looking at me now wanting to go out but its 6 am , too early , his best buddy Wolfy won't be out till 7 am ahhhh and I hear an eagle out there, best not let the cats out this morning.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still so new and have so little support (just this forum!) and no one to teach me to teach them. It makes me really sad. But I've done OK. They are very unreliable with the training I've done so far.

I can do more and do better.....wish I could find someone to work with us online!

And to think I know people who say "that's just what dogs do" and never realize the potential of a well behaved dog that obeys.

I still have a long way to go, but we are getting there.

can't wait till I post a similar post about batman. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts