Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my neighborhood, that is. I've never had such recognizable dogs before! We play a lot of fetch and Frisbee and whenever I take them on a walk people stop me and say (scream), "OHMAGAWD, are those the Frisbee dogs?!" I never realized how many people actually watch us while we're playing, but I'm not exaggerating when I say "every walk."

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hehe I laughed out loud at the OHMYGAWD bit. Your dogs are so georgeous everyone in the neighbourhood probably secretly spies on you while your out playing :p maybe that's why you never noticed! Hehe.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, well thank you! I agree! My FI had a lady march onto the field this morning when he was out with them and say, "I just loooove watching your dogs. I live right over there and me and my cat watch them whenver you're out playing! Next time we see you, I'm going to come out and play!" He was so creeped out, but I couldn't stop laughing.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
HAHA!! bentley has taken to Frisbee now and I get a lot of people asking if that is him. We have also been in the paper six times and the news had a pic of us on their website (for 4-H) so he became a star,haha. I always get asked "is he that one dog that was ...." Also when you have a ferret and they are rare around where you live you get stopped, a lot. I have had random people come to my door before !! When they do usually I bring out one of the dogs when they are meeting Koda.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had a couple people come to the house, but I think it's creepy and crosses a line. I always tell them they're more than welcome to come say "hi" when we're out playing, but that they shouldn't just knock on peoples' door and ask to see their dogs. Is that the epitome of dog celebrity? LOL

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We kinda had that once, next door neighbours kids loved my hubby's dog. But rather then ask if they could come round they sat on top of the fence and looked into the property with a barking dog at their feet. Keep in mind he is a 45kilo ex police dog, and they were sitting on the fence!! All the kids in the neighbourhood knock now, with a stern word to parents and kids I think they understand what could have happened!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
that's like my Lacey (RIP)....she was my "spelling" dog (did demos) and everywhere i'd go i'd get this "HEY!!!! THAT'S THE SPELLING DOG!!!! MOM, that dog can SPELL!" i even get it sometimes, now "You had the spelling dog, didn't you? I recognized that one (TirCeo)!"

sometimes it's creepy, sometimes it's cool

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
That is really neat!!

Luke attracts people because he's so "fluffy and cute" they say. So he has his little fan club I call them because whenever the kids see him it's, "LUKE!!!" and they come running.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I had some lady come out once at night when I run Wally through some stuff before he goes to bed and she was like "I see you out here every night working with your dog."

I was like "Really...?"

It's like 1:30 in the morning. Who's watching people work their dogs at 1:30 in the morning??

Couple days ago, I overheard people saying "that's a well-trained dog" and once "he takes care of that dog too - look how nice he looks."

Nothing at all like what you describe though. That would be REALLY creepy if they start coming to the door (either that or a sign I need to start a neighborhood dog training service)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts