Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so recently my dog was diagnosed with epilepsy he was on phenobarbitals for a month or two before we switched him to cbd this weekend he stopped eating and drinks lots of water all the time he keeps puking up all the water though, he’s really lethargic compared to usual, he’s only 6 please let me know what might be going on and how i can get him to eat he won’t even eat his favourite foods i included a photo of his tooth that kinda looks infected, he was taken to the vet but they said he was fine but i want more opinions he’s not okay.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Was he eating while on the phenobarbital? If so, why did you switch? Does your vet know you switched? You really need to discuss those things with your vet. If they can't give you satisfactory answers,then a second opinion might be in order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was he eating while on the phenobarbital? If so, why did you switch? Does your vet know you switched? You really need to discuss those things with your vet. If they can't give you satisfactory answers,then a second opinion might be in order.
yes he was eating, we switched cause it was really affecting his liver and we were talking to some people that said that phenobarbitals totally screwed there dogs mind and he has no interlligence, and yes the vet knows thanks for helping but i really need answers

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I believe there are other anti-convulsant drugs you can try. There are also appetite stimulants that you can try. I'd ask my vet about options beyond just the phenobarb or CBD.

·
Banned
242 Posts
the tooth isn't infected brush your dogs teach or give it raw bones to clean them otherwise they will be infected. I have a 7 year old dog with shiny white teeth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts