Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 month-old puppy. Last night I gave her a piece of a beef strip and when she will eat her dinner, she poop and then she suddenly walked with her back arched. This morning he pooped water, and walked again like that. Once in a while she returns her walking in her normal way but also once in a while she walks again with her back arched. I asks a vet on what medicine should I give to my puppy and gave me a Colimoxyn. I gave it to my puppy when I got home. And now I'm expecting that she will be fine, but then she walks like that. I think she's suffering more now. I don't see any weakness to her, she eats and drinks well. I think the only problem is the pain she feels and that's why she lift her tummy. I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Take her back to the vet, or to another vet. She may have an obstruction. The only time I saw Muggsy roach his back like that was when he had an entire teddy bear stuck in his stomach.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I agree I would bring her in for further examination or to another vet for a second opinion.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
How long does she walk with her back arched? Is it immediately after going potty? Does she seem to be walking to finish evacuating, or does it continue for more than a few minutes? I agree that an arched back is normally an indication of an internal digestive issue, whether it be bloat or and obstructions, et. al. But my dogs also arch their back for a minute or two after going potty because they still feel like there is more to come out. Once they finish, they go back to a normal posture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts