Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarma's been fixed on Monday and tonight I left him unattended without his cone for a few minutes. We had returned from a walk and I was preparing some food, he was out of site for a just a few minutes but he managed to pull out 2 of the 3 stitches he had. It appears he licked and there was a smidgen of blood. I can see the cut and it's not swollen, there's no discharge, the area is dry.

I'm freaking out a bit since it's 9.20 pm here and the clinic closed at 8. Is it serious?

I know that dogs are tough but I don't know... it's been 3 days since his surgery, but I'm still worried.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I would keep a VERY close eye on him, leave the cone on, take him in first thing tomorrow. It's probably OK, but if it starts looking weepy and/or infected overnight, do you have an emergency clinic?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No emergency clinic I'm afraid. There might be doctors that do emergency house calls, but I'd have to google it, or ask friends... I don't know any.

I forgot to mention I cleaned the area a bit with some antiseptic... the skin looked closed together but I put a plaster on to hold off the germs, at least until the morning.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yeah, just take him in first thing tomorrow. It's been a few days since the surgery. He'll be okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts